Food Trip: Balik Bukid, Davao City

 

I have seen a lot of my facebook friends post pictures about this place so Mark and I decided to try it out on our Monthsary. 


Here are some pictures


THE PLACE


Lights covered in "BUKAG" - container used in farms to put the harvested fruits in

way to the restroom and some of the restaurant's decorations

look how cool the chair is. semi-covered in newspaper as part of the style

more of the furniture


THE MENU


No this is not just an ordinary snakes and ladders board game. This is their MENU

Inside

Desserts :)


They serve different types of rice

suggestions while waiting for the food



THE FOOD


the appetizer that we ordered: Homemade Cheese and Bread Platter - Php 145

This is the cheese spread for the bread. My tastebuds loved it

What I ordered as main course: BIIKSTEK TAGALOG with BLUE RICE - Php 150

The blue color of the rice doesn't affect the taste but it does have a different aroma

BIIKSTEK - very delicious.

What Mark ordered: GARLIC BEEF TA PAO with YELLOW RICE (composed of Turmeric) - Php 180


Some viands come with rice suggestions but the customer can choose to order another type of rice instead without paying an additional cost. Like in our case, our orders came with either white or brown rice but we chose to order Blue and Yellow instead.

and while waiting for the food, the customers can play with the menu slash board games





THE BILL


This is where they put the bill - inside this wooden box


Prices are okay - not cheap but not that expensive either.

Ambiance - It's a bit dark especially at night - lights aren't that bright but it gives it a more "BUKID" vibe to the place

Service: I love how attentive their staff are. Like when we have an unused plate, they would immediate remove it from our table so that there would be ample space for the other food. And I also observed that they did that with the other customers' tables as well. And they weren't the type of staff that were annoying. They were always smiling too!

Food: Did I like the food? Not only did I like it, I loved it! Especially Mark's food since I was also able to try his. Too bad though that we weren't able to try their desserts there since we were already full. We will definitely come back and try the other viands there. And I am even planning on bringing my family there too. I'm sure my parents would like to eat there.

Balik Bukid is located at Ecoland, Davao City near YELLOW FIN restaurant.

XOXO,

AVI

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hi, I’m the owner of http://pinoyblogreviews.com/ and I have included this post of yours in my blog reviews under Balik Bukid. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top