Christmas 2015 - Simple yet Meaningful

I was watching the news and it was mentioned that the Pope's message this Christmas season is to be simple and spend it with the people you love.

That's exactly what my family and I do every year since my teen years. But back when I was younger, we used to spend it at my Grandparents' house with all my cousins, uncles and aunts. But things changed when we all got a bit older. So my mom, dad and sister just stay at home during Christmas time.

Dec 24 - No Lechon, No fancy pantsy decorations... just the 4 of us... plus my husband, plus my bestfriend since forever, plus our dogs, our cat... celebrating Christmas with the food that my mom cooked, softdrinks we bought from the grocery, Ice cubes courtesy of our Fridge (haha) and chocolates, desserts given by friends. 

Okay so there were a bit decorations... we had our Christmas tree that we have had since I was 4 years old I think. A bit ancient already but it is still standing strong. Haha! My mom also used old memorabilia (knick knacks) and hung it on the grill of our outdoor living room. (no photos, sorry)


Originally, there were 4 of us

plus Hubby... now there's 5 of us :)

Our first Christmas together as Husband and Wife

forever trio - with bestie and sister

our little PERDITA and her daddy

Okay, so no pictures of the food that we ate because we were too busy chit chatting, reminiscing Christmas childhood memories and all. Family time is precious indeed. I didn't mind not having any lechon at all. :)


Since I got married this year, this is the first time I woke up on Christmas day not being at home with my parents and sister. It seemed a bit strange because I wasn't used to the feeling yet... being married, away from home and all. But I'll get there eventually. 

And what makes it a bit sentimental is that I realize that I miss being with my family so much. And I really want to spend so much more time with them even if I am married.

Cheers to the holidays... and always remember that

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON :)

XOXO,


A I A


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top