My Doll Faced Calico Persian Cat named PERDITA

We have a new family member :)

My husband and I adopted a Doll Faced Calico Persian Cat

She's not your typical Flat-Nosed Persian (the most common type of Persian Cat)

I did my researched on the internet and found out that she is the Doll Faced type of Persian Cat. 

As for the Calico, it is because of her color (TRI-COLOR)... Calicos are called as such for having 3 colors on their fur.

So here's the story on how we got her

Hi world. My Name is PERDITA :)


Mark and I were hanging out at SM Ecoland on December 10, 2015. We had a party to attend to at Delongtes Restaurant (which was just nearby) so we decided to stop by SM for a while because it was still too early to go to Delongtes. 

Now I have always wanted to own a Persian Cat. I don't know.. there's just something about cats, especially Persian Cats, that give me good vibes when I watch videos of them on Youtube or see pictures of them on Facebook. They just make me smile. Mark knows how much I want to own one. But he keeps on telling me that we will buy one soon... just not now since Persian Cats are really expensive.

That particular day Mark was like "you wanna drop by at Petco and see if there are cats?" so I was like, "yeah okay." Whenever we're at SM, we always drop by at Petco just to see if there are cats for sale. I just like looking at them. But that time it was sooo different...

Even before entering, I already saw a cat inside a cage on top of a caged Chow-Chow... and when I took a closer look... BOOM!

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

I asked the attendant if it was okay to hold her and he said it was okay. When I held her, I knew I just had to have her. So I talked to Mark and tried to convince him that we should buy the Persian Cat. And he was like "let's think about it first". So we gave her back, walked away and I was sad.

When we were already at Delongtes, I talked about her non-stop... tried to convince my husband that we should really REALLY adopt her.... He agreed to go back to SM and check her out again.

Imagine this... it took us 4 times to go back to PETCO before my husband FINALLY agreed that we should buy her. Believe me, I was the happiest girl that night :)

We named her PERDITA


Why PERDITA? Simple... PERsian cat + malDITA = PERDITA


Because Persian Cats tend to be snobbish and moody at times, hence the name.



We bought everything she needs... A litter box, kitty litter sand, a pet bag (for us to carry her around), water and food bowl, collar and leash

little sleepy head

It has been almost a month now when we bought her. Well, to be honest, it's not easy to maintain a cat with PERSIAN breed. Aside from the usual feeding, cleaning after Perdita is not a walk in the park. Because of her long fur, a little poop tends to stick on it and of course, who would want a dirty cat inside the house, right? So Mark and I have to look after her when she poops and clean after her if the need arises. We also scoop out her poop every night before we sleep.

OH and her food and kitty litter??? NOT CHEAP! And we have to buy kitty litter every weekend... and her food is quite expensive too.

Kitty Litter and Food for Christmas. Thanks :)


But what is good about having a cat is that they don't poop and pee just anywhere. They really look for a place where they can dig and hide their evidences. And well, Perdita is just that! The moment she had her first bathroom moment at home, it was straight to the litter box. GOOD GIRL :)


OOTD with PERDITA

Perdita loves watching television, btw! :)

heyahhhh!
A little curious on what's outside :)


And just as we expected, PERDITA has her moments. At times she could be cranky, so hyper (especially when she smells Mark's coffee and after she eats her dinner), but majority of the time, she is the PERDITA that loves to be petted, to be tickled, carried, and the PERDITA that craves for attention. She is absolutely a cutie! And adopting her is one of the best decisions we have ever made. Mark even calls her "Daddy's little girl".

Daddy's teaching me how to drive! - Perdita

Daddy's Wittle Girl


Mark and I just absolutely love her! Having her may not be easy... but it's definitely worth it! Considering this as our practice to be ready for parenthood.

We made her an Instagram account ----> perdita_bells



Want a Persian Cat? Better be ready for the financial and emotional responsibilities ahead! :) It's a challenge that's worth your while.

XOXO,

A I A

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top