Photo Diary: My Jakarta Trip 2015 slash Fun Places to go to in Jakarta

SUPER LATE POST!

I would like to apologize. I have been so busy after this Indonesia Trip that I wasn't really able to put this together.

My sister and I went to Indonesia to visit my Uncle and Aunt who happen to be Filipino Expats in Jakarta. 

This was actually my second time to visit Jakarta, and my sister's first time.

Here are some of the places we went to during our visit last March 2015.


JAKARTA HISTORY MUSEUM


OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM - Would you believe that these statues are actually real life people in full body make up and costume! I was a bit shocked when my sister and I took a photo with one of them and he moved! Good thing I didn't scream like a girl!

This one's real too!

The Outside of the Museum at Lunch Time



OOOOHHH! An Indonesian Minion =) There are a lot of mascots everywhere! Don't forget to give generous tips after taking a photo op with these mascots. It's not easy to move around inside a big heavy costume under the heat of the sun.

INSIDE THE MUSEUM - everybody is required to keep their shoes and use the orange slippers provided by the staff. So before going to the museum... make sure to bring a plastic bag to keep the shoes in.

Inside the museum. Interesting Stuff!











This is a candid shot I swear!


TAMAN MINI INDONESIA INDAH (TMII)

Taman Mini Indonesia Indah means "Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park" so you. TMII is same with Nayong Pilipino in the Philippines. It is a huge place that has the real houses of each province. Various architecture, stuff, interior design is showcased in each house depending on the culture of each province. 

It also gives the visitors a glimpse of the whole of INDONESIA in just a couple of hours without the need to travel to all parts of the country.

I personally liked looking at the intricate designs of the walls, beds, furniture of each house.




RP 50,000



Look how beautiful the room is! 








My sister with a real life Native from Papua - the photo op and borrowing of costume is not free by the way! So bring extra cash if you wanna have your picture taken with this guy :)



ninety-nine Restaurant

Located at Grand Indonesia Mall


Officially one of my favorite restaurants ever! I love their food!


What I ordered - carbonara 



Family :)



PLAZA INDONESIA

was only able to take a picture outside of the mall. But I love this mall! so posh!


I can't wait to back to Jakarta soon and this time, I'm bringing my husband with me :)

See you soon Indonesia =P


XOXO,


A I A

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top