Food Trip: Boodle Fight sa Dabaw

Our boss treated us to dinner at Boodle Fight sa Dabaw yesterday. And boy was it good! It was my second time there and it was also my second time to be satisfied with the food and service of the restaurant.

Just to give you an idea, BOODLE FIGHT is a style of eating that became a tradition among Philippine military men and women wherein food was placed on top of a long banana leaf and placed on a long table as well. Together, they eat the food using their bare hands.

Here are some snapshots I took


Boodle Fight sa Dabaw is situated right inside the Flying V Gasoline station almost fronting the Davao International Airport. 

Signage outside

At the door... surely this place won't be a problem to find.

Their menu that's posted on the wall. We got the BF set for 10 which was P 1,500. BF stands for BOODLE FIGHT.

A tarp that's posted on the wall where people could give their short reviews about their BF experience.

The owner personally served us the food.

First, rice was placed on top of the banana leaf and distributed at the middle.

Hello Dave! He's pretty excited to eat =)


MILITARY INSPIRED DECORATIONS - to give a military feel to the restaurant









MORE FOOD................


Soup... while waiting for the owner to bring the viands.


Pork on the left side of the boodle... well, at my point of view. Haha.

Then beef steak on the right side.

Fish (Panga) - 5 of these were served. One per pair I guess. =) (this is my favorite!)

Chicken was served too. Four pieces were given to us.


FIGHT!

The aftermath. I think we won. Haha!

Satisfied girl right here =)

If you see this on the tarp, that was me who wrote it.


Drinks were separately sold. I was unable to ask how much though. Oh, and too bad there were no crabs during my two visits. So the owner served shrimps instead.


Am I coming back? Yes! Do I recommend this place? Yes! 

One thing that's great about this place though is that it's close to the airport so Davao peeps can bring their guests from out of town upon arrival or before leaving Davao to the restaurant to give them this great Boodle Fight experience. 

Don't forget to wash your hands!


Boodle Fight sa Dabaw is located inside Flying V Gasoline Station, Diversion Road, Fronting Francisco Bangoy International Airport.


XOXO,


AVI

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top