#SALAMATTEACHER | MCDONALD'S 5TH NATIONAL BREAKFAST DAY



Hurray for Today!

I just love hearing that phrase of Mcdonald’s.  It gives me that positive vibe each and every time I read or hear it. I also like the fact that Mcdonald’s is very generous to their loyal customers. Just like what they did last March 13, 2017 during their 5th National Breakfast Day where they gave away free breakfast sandwiches for all their dine-in and drive thru clients from 6 am until 7am. There were three types of breakfast goodies to choose from – Sausage McMuffin, Egg McMuffin and the newest breakfast offering from Mcdonald’s, the Burgerdesal.


Around 450 branches nationwide participated in this one hour breakfast frenzy of Mcdonald’s. For Davao City, one of the participating branches was McDonald’s Bajada branch and the celebrity guest who helped in distributing the sandwiches was JC Santos of the recently concluded ‘Til I Met You series on ABS CBN.

Just to give a brief background about Mcdonald’s National Breakfast Day – they have been doing this annually for five years already. Aside from putting a smile on the faces of the early risers, they also give certain tributes to those who, in one way or the other, have touched the lives of people.

This year, Mcdonald’s released an online video of the story of Mrs. Luzviminda Santiago, a public school teacher dedicated most of her years to teach important lessons, helped and provided support to her students, and became an inspiration as well for around 30 years. On July of this year, she will be mandated to retire from her teaching, but apparently Mrs. Santiago is not yet ready to let go because she loves teaching and loves her students as well. Imagine travelling four hours to and from work every single day just to do what she loves the most. Now that is dedication!



The video not only gives her honor but gives honor and gratitude to all the teachers out there. Our teachers are not just teachers, but they have become our second parents as well. Imagine spending around five school days, several hours a day with them. They undeniably have contributed to who we are now as individuals. The video aims to encourage and remind us of their importance, even if we are done with school. We still carry a part of them even during adulthood.

I shed tears while I first watched the video of Mrs. Santiago. I started remembering all my teachers who really made an impact on my life. Indeed, they are partly responsible for who I am today. Not only did my mentors teach me things that can be found on books, but also lessons that I have applied in my everyday life even up to this day.
To all my teachers, DAGHANG SALAMAT KAAYO SA TANAN (thank you so much for everything)

Here’s the video of Mrs. Luzviminda Santiago below


Title: “Good Morning, Teacher”
Director: Paolo Villaluna
Agency: Leo Burnett Manila
Production House: Filmex

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top